Most of us have tried tomatoes with eggs before. But have you try it with fish?
Is always interesting to try out different types of dishes and create a brand new one.
This is a good dish to try when if your kids doesn’t like tomatoes or fish. Most kids who doesn’t like tomatoes actually willingly to try tomatoes egg dish. Maybe the texture and the sweetness is different compare to cooking in a soup or eating it raw.
Tomato contains lycopene which is important to our bones. Tomato is also high in antioxidants, helps to lower high cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. And also lower the risk of getting heart disease.
Eggs contains lutein which is good for our eyes. It also contains choline which is a important nutrients to help regulate the brain, nervous system and cardiovascular system. Eggs is also one of the few foods which contains Vitamins D. Vitamins D is needed to help our body absorb calcium and phosphate.
Ingredients: Eggs x 6, Tomatoes x 2, golden pomfret fish x 1 (medium size), ketchup (low salt) sauce and sesame oil
Serve: 4 persons
Preparation time: 30mins
1. Clean the pomfret and chop into pieces like a size of mid wing chicken. You can ask the fish monger in NTUC/market to do it for you.
2. Dry the fish with paper towel and season it with little bit of salt and sesame oil
3. Heat up the wok, use a little bit of oil and pan fry the fish till well cook.
4. Break the eggs and use a chopsticks/forks to beat the eggs until it is break thoroughly
5. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces
6. Heat up the wok, a little bit of oil and pour in the egg
7. Keep stirring the eggs into small lumps, once the eggs are cook, you can either put one side or just push the egg to a corner of your wok
8. Pour in the tomatoes and do a quick stir till they are well cook
9. Mixed all the tomatoes and eggs together
10. Add in 2 tablespoon tomatoes sauce, sprinkle a bit of salt and a half a small bowl of water and stir
11. Once it started to boil, pour in your cooked pomfret, and mixed well.
– You can add in white pepper, more ketchup to bigger kids or adults
Have A Say